Environmental management is a rapidly changing field, and organizations can find it very challenging to keep up with new legislation and evolving environmental protection and management practices. ESSA’s training and awareness-raising specialists help agencies and organizations meet those challenges. For over 20 years, we have been offering environmental training and awareness-raising services in environmental assessment and management, adaptive management, environmental monitoring, and use of ecological models and computerized tools to predict outcomes in fisheries and forestry.
ESSA’s services in these areas include:
- strategic planning for raising awareness and building capacity;
- identifying performance measures and indicators of success;
- conducting training needs assessments;
- design of participatory training courses aimed at adult learners;
- development of training materials (e.g. participant guides, trainer’s instructions, handouts);
- developing awareness-raising tools: videos, newsletters, Fact Sheets, web pages;
- development of user guides for custom software;
- evaluation of courses and programs; and
- design and delivery of train-the-trainer sessions.
ESSA provides a unique blend of expertise in three areas of training: the expert knowledge of environmental scientists, the specialized skills of trainers experienced in adult learning, and the technology to create innovative educational products. We offer services in Canada and internationally. Our clients include the Asian Development Bank, United Nations, World Bank, US and numerous Canadian federal and provincial governments, First Nations, non-government organizations, and private sector companies.
Landscape Modelling Training Courses
ESSA regularly runs landscape modelling training courses in our VDDT and TELSA tools.
- Developed a draft training strategy designed to guide training in the National Habitat Management Program (HMP) of Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) over the next five years.
- Environmental assessment and management training for First Nations land managers.
- De-mystifying adaptive management training course and simulation model; BC Ministry of Forests.
- Improving the capability of Viet Nam’s Ministry of Planning and Investment to ensure environmentally sustainable national and economic development planning; United Nations Development Program.
- IMPACT: A tutorial in Environmental Impact Assessment for the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- Green Team Teacher’s Guide for interactive workshops on environmental protection and waste reduction; BC Ministry of Environment, Lands, and Parks.
- For more information please contact: Carol Murray