ESSA works closely with various multilateral development banks, international financial institutions, commercial banks, export and credit agencies, and industry clients, to review their environmental and social impact assessments, procedures, and management systems in line with national and international standards including the IFC Performance Standards. In Canada, ESSA has worked closely with First Nations Band Councils to integrate technical expertise with traditional knowledge in an environment of respect for the cultural values. We use a holistic, participatory approach to analyse environmental issues, work towards a common understanding of options, and build new skills.
Recent experience includes:
- Independent Health, Safety, Environmental and Social Consultant, Mining Project in Ethiopia
- Independent Health, Safety, Environmental and Social Consultant for a LNG Gas Development in Russia
- Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD) Review of Coffee, Cotton and Cocoa Production for a Global Agribusiness Company with Operations in Tajikistan, Ivory Coast, Papua New Guinea, Uganda and Vietnam
- Assessment of Cumulative Effects of Cascading Hydroelectric Facilities in Central America for Multiple International Development Banks
- Independent Review of an Environmental Assessment Certification Process for a Mining Project in Canada