Multiple stresses affect our planet’s ecosystems. Environmental and social risks need to be assessed, managed, and monitored to ensure development is suitable and meets or exceeds international standards. Our technical knowledge, combined with our participatory approach ensures solutions are effective and grounded in the needs of our clients and their key stakeholders.
With over 30 years of global experience, ESSA has worked in over 40 countries and a wide range of sectors including, but not limited to,agribusiness, energy, infrastructure, oil and gas, mining, power, tourism and manufacturing.
ESSA’s knowledge and experience provides our clients with the appropriate data, information and tools to manage the environmental and social risks associated with their business.
- Good Practice Note (GPN) on Cumulative Impact Assessment and Management: Guidance for the Private Sector in Emerging Markets, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Socio-Economic Research for a Mining Project in Nunavut, Canada
- Independent Environmental and Social Consultant (IESC) for a Hydropower Project in South America
- Environmental Assessment of Aquatic Ecosystem Impacts for Proposed Site C Dam
- Good Practice Handbook: Cumulative Impact Assessment and Management: Guidance for the Private Sector in Emerging Markets
- International Finance Corporation’s Sustainability Framework
- Equator Principles Environmental and Social Risk Management for Project Finance
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Recommendation of the Council on Common Approaches for Officially Supported Export Credits and Environmental and Social Due Diligence (the “Common Approaches”)